We all know how difficult it can be to navigate icy sidewalks and roads in the winter. One wrong step and you could be faced with a nasty spill or worse. It’s not something you want to risk, especially during a cold Canadian winter.
Fortunately, there’s an easy way to keep yourself safe and steady on your feet when out and about – traction cleats for walking Canada!
In this blog post, we’ll discuss traction cleats, how they work, and why they are essential for ensuring safe footing in colder climates. Read on to learn more about keeping yourself safe as temperatures drop this season!
This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best Traction Cleats For Walking in Canada.
We recommend using Yaktrax Walk Traction Cleats for Walking on Snow and Ice (1 Pair). Large, Black is available at a reasonable price.
Traction cleats offer a safe and easy way to walk on snow or ice without slipping. They provide an alternative to traditional winter footwear such as boots, which may not be appropriate for certain conditions like extremely cold temperatures.
The traction cleat is designed with spikes that dig into the ice or hard-packed snow surface, giving you excellent stability when walking through these surfaces.
If your day includes traveling in snowy or icy conditions this year, consider investing in some of these devices to ensure you stay safe while out and about.
The Best Traction Cleats For Walking Canada
After reading this blog post, you can decide if traction cleats are suitable for your next outdoor adventure.
As always at Traction-Cleats For Walking Canada, we hope our products have helped make your life easier and safer when it comes to walking outdoors.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with us as soon as possible to help solve them!
What are Traction Cleats?
Traction cleats are devices placed over shoes or boots to provide additional grip and stability on slippery surfaces.
They are typically made of metal or hard plastic and have spikes or teeth that dig into the ground, making it easier to walk without slipping.
Traction cleats can be particularly useful in the winter when snow and ice make sidewalks and roads dangerous. They can also be helpful on hiking trails or other outdoor areas where traction may be an issue.
Many people in snowy climates keep a pair of traction cleats in their car if they need them while out and about.
If you’re interested in purchasing traction cleats, there are a few things to remember. First, consider what type of terrain you’ll use them on most often. If you’re mostly walking on pavement, you’ll want a different style than if you’re planning to hike in the woods.
Second, think about the size and weight of the device. Some models can be quite bulky and heavy, which may not be ideal if you’re looking to use them for everyday activities like walking to work. Finally, take into account your budget – there are many different options available at a variety of price points.
Whether dealing with icy sidewalks or muddy hiking trails, traction cleats can help you stay safe and get where you’re going without incident. Be sure to do your research before purchasing so that you choose the right model for your needs.
The Benefits of Using Traction Cleats
When the weather gets cold and icy, it can be hard to keep your footing. That’s where traction cleats come in! Traction cleats are devices you attach to the bottom of your shoes or boots to give you a better grip and stability on slippery surfaces.
There are many different types of traction cleats available, but they all have one goal: to help you stay safe on your feet in treacherous conditions.
Some are designed for specific activities like hiking or running, while others can be used for walking or standing. No matter what kind of cleat you choose, wearing them will provide several benefits.
First and foremost, traction cleats will help you avoid falls and injuries by giving you a better grip on slick surfaces. Ice and snow can be very dangerous, but you can walk across them confidently with cleats. They can also help you feel more stable on your feet in general, reducing fatigue and making walking or standing for long periods more comfortable.
In addition, traction cleats can improve your posture and alignment by forcing you to stand up straighter. Wearing them regularly can help correct poor posture habits over time! This is because they prevent your feet from sliding inside your shoes, which can lead to slouching.
Finally, traction cleats are more efficient than other methods of dealing with ice and snow. For example, salt can melt ice, but it’s also messy and can damage the environment. This isn’t a concern with cleats, a quick and easy way to get around in winter conditions.
Traction cleats can be an invaluable tool for dealing with icy surfaces. Whether running, walking, or standing in place, they can help you stay safe and comfortable in cold weather.
How to Use Traction Cleats
If you live in an area with cold winters, you know how important it is to have a good pair of traction cleats for walking.
Traction cleats are devices you attach to your shoes or boots that help provide extra grip on slippery surfaces. They can be a lifesaver when walking on icy sidewalks or snowy trails.
There are a few different traction cleats available on the market, but most work similarly. Strap them onto the bottom of your shoe or boot using straps or buckles. Once they’re in place, they’ll provide extra grip and stability on any slippery surface.
Traction cleats are inexpensive and can be found at most sporting goods stores or online. They’re easy to use and can make a big difference in your safety when walking on slippery surfaces.
So if you live in an area with cold winters, pick up a pair of traction cleats before the next snowfall!
Where to Buy Traction Cleats
In Canada, there are many places to buy traction cleats for walking. Some popular places to purchase these types of cleats include sporting goods stores, outdoor gear stores, and online retailers.
When purchasing traction cleats, it is important to consider the type of terrain that you will be using them on. For example, if you plan on using them primarily on ice, then you will want to choose a model with spikes or teeth that are designed specifically for ice.
If you plan on using them on snow-covered trails, you may want to choose a model with wider spikes or teeth that can provide more stability and grip.
Here are some of the most popular places to buy traction cleats in Canada:
- MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) – This store offers various outdoor gear and equipment, including traction cleats. They have several different models available, so you can find the perfect pair for your needs. MEC also has locations across Canada, so finding a store near you should not be difficult.
- Cabela’s – Cabela’s is another great place to buy traction cleats in Canada. They offer a wide selection of different models from various brands, so you can find the perfect pair for your needs and budget. Cabela’s also has several locations across the country, making it easy to find a store near you.
- Amazon – Amazon is one of the most popular online retailers worldwide, offering a wide selection of traction cleats for sale. Many of these are from top brands such as Yaktrax and ICEtrekkers, so you can be sure you’re getting a quality product.
- Walmart – Walmart is another popular place to buy traction cleats in Canada. They offer various models from various brands, making it easy to find the perfect pair for your needs. Walmart also has locations across Canada, so finding a store near you should not be difficult.
These are just some places where you can purchase traction cleats in Canada. Research before buying to get the right pair for your needs and budget.
Traction cleats for walking in Canada effectively ensure your safety and stability on icy or snowy surfaces.
They are easy to use, can be used with most shoes and boots, and will give you peace of mind knowing that you won’t slip and fall on wintery days.
Whether you’re a frequent hiker or just someone who enjoys taking daily walks no matter the weather conditions, owning a pair of traction cleats should be a priority to keep your footing steady in cold climates.
Yaktrax Walk Traction Cleats for Walking on Snow and Ice (1 Pair), Medium
$17.23 in stock
13 used from $13.60
- Lightweight and affordable slip-on traction cleats to reduce the risk of falls when walking on snow or ice to work, school, or even to the mailbox
- Made of abrasion-resistant 1.2 mm steel coils with zinc coating to prevent rust; secured to shoes with durable Polyelastomer outer band
- Provides 360 degrees of traction on cold surfaces for all-direction stability
- Highly elastic outer band with heel tab slips easily slips on and off of shoes; perfect for pedestrians, professionals and the elderly
- Available in four sizes: X-Small (W2.5-6/M1-4.5); Small (W6.5-10, M5-8.5); Medium (W10.5-12.5, M9-11); Large (W13-15, M11.5-13.5)
STABILicers Walk Traction Cleat for Walking on Snow and Ice, Black, Medium (1 Pair)
- Pair of robust traction cleats fit securely on any shoe or boot to reduce the risk of falls and increase safety when walking on snow and ice
- Multi-directional heat-treated steel traction plates are molded into the heel and forefoot of the stretch-to-fit thermoplastic elastomer binding for maximum surface contact
- Full-sole coverage provides 360 degrees of traction for everyday activities like walking the dog and shoveling the driveway
- High-performance traction aids are built to stand up to hard use and are tested to remain flexible in frigid temperatures, down to -45 degrees Fahrenheit
- Size medium fits men’s shoe sizes 7.5-10 and women’s shoe sizes 8.5-12; can be folded up and carried in a pack or purse; made in the USA; 90 day manufacturer’s warranty
Ice Cleats Walk Traction Cleats Crampons for Hiking Boots Snow Shoes, Non Slip Ice Cleats for Shoes and Boots Men Women
- 【STRONGER STUDS】19 heat-treated stainless-steel corrosion resistant studs and heavy duty double chain system, excellent toughness and strength, ensure optimal traction, keep you safe and injury-free.
- 【DURABLE MATERIAL】Aggressive traction, great toughness and thicker than ordinary rubber, Thermoplastic Elastomer is highly elastic which is ultra resistant to tearing and remains stretchy under -45°C.
- 【FIRM CONNECTION】High-strength steel studs-and-chain system provides excellent traction on a variety of icy surfaces, ergonomic plate system for added stability.
- 【EASY WEAR & PORTABLE】Proprietary silicone provides a flexible, lightweight, all-day traction solution. They fit easily and securely over your shoes or boots and fold small enough to carry for hiking fishing or any other outdoor activities.
- 【MULTIPLE USES】Suitable for both men and women of any age of teenagers, adult, elders. Great for outdoor ice and snow, hiking angled terrain, icy roads, dangerous sections of trail etc.