Hiking during winter tends to be harder as matched to other seasons since most of the trails are completely covered in ice and snow.
Attempting to trek with your general hiking boots can lead to falls and slips, among other dangers.
And this is where ice cleats come in.
Also, called ice grippers, these gadgets are linked to your hiking boots, thus improving grip and traction.
They are best winter hiking companions, mainly when most trials are slippery.
Apart from winter hiking, you can also use ice cleats to tackle rocky terrains as well as other delicate hiking trails.
Ice grippers serve 2 main roles.
First, they save the hiker against serious injuries that might arise from slips and falls. Second, they save the outsoles from serious weather situations such as a hard cold.
Cleats come with spikes, which dig through snow or ice to offer the much-required stability and traction during a hike.
About the product Eras Edge Pro Traction Cleats
- Made of top standard silicone stuff with top high abrasion resistance, thicker than general rubber, and has powerful performance. Ladder pattern design offers improved heel-to-toe traction, without a lot of bulk, ensuring slip-free walks.
- It offers 360 degrees of traction of chill surfaces for all-direction stability. And it can offer amazing traction on a range of terrain or worse situations, keep you safe and injury-free.
- Perfect for different types of sports or hiking boots or shoes, mountaineering boots. The strap added to make sure more safety and comfort. Lightweight and portable can be put into the carry bag added and will not take up much area.
- Simple to put off & on with adjustable and safe straps. Would not snap or tear, ensuring long-lasting relaxation and durability. Accessible in L and M sizes to fit most shoes.]
- Sold as pair
- Perfect for open-air hiking, ice fishing, and mountaineering, also perfect for indoor use in teenagers, elders, adults, to go in the ice season and snow.
Ice cleats and hiking boots is important for performance and safety. Your winter hiking boots will determine the choices accessible when it comes to the binding styles.
For example, if you want to use ultra-light strap on ice cleats, then you will have to use them with ultralight hiking boots.
Some of the reasons to consider are the type of your boot, the activities you have planned during your hike, the flexibility, as well as the mass you will be carrying.